Re: NEC-LIST: US metrics question

From: chris Turner <turner.c_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:26:30 -0000

Arie

There are some equations which just work better in feet and inches than in
metric. Two examples are propagation path profiling in 4/3 earth curvature and
the equation for the inductance of a solenoid.

May I suggest
feet, inches and decimal fractions of an inch for imperial measures
metres and millimetres for metric dimensions
AWG, inches (with decimal fractions) and mm (possibly SWG for us British) for
wire diameter.

I personally use cm for HF antenna design and construction as I visualise it
as about 2.5 times inches....!

73
Chris

Chris Turner IEng MIIE