Re: NEC-LIST: Question about Average Gain calculation

From: <4nec2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:15:17 +0100 (MET)

Scott, Dan,

I followed your discussions about the average gain test.

I think Dan is right about 'closing' the needed hemisphere.
Maybe if you are only interested in part of the hemisphere
it's allowed to do the averaging for part of the full range.

Full range means Theta from -90 to 0 (or 0 to 90) when
ground is included or from -180 to 0 (or 0 to 180) for
free-space and Phi from 0 to 360.
When using Theta from -90 (-180) to +90 (+180) you
get an error because the (upper half of) the 'sphere' is
calculated more than once.

In the past I did some tests to see what results were
obtained with different Theta/Phi ranges. I came out to
use ranges as described above.

Concerning stepsize I would say use small steps (1-2 degrees
or less) when multi-element antennas are used because of
the numerous lobes involved whereas stepsizes around 5-10
degrees are allowed for simple antennas like dipoles and such.

Arie

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below)