Re: NEC-LIST: Bazooka balun verification.

From: GEORGE VARGHESE <rfengg_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:27:19 +1100

 Hi Tom,
         Thanks a lot for the detailed answer......really enjoyed it.
One point though......you had written........
"You can also tell a lot simply by noting
the feedpoint impedance for the excitation"

I dont have access to the excitation points of the balun which is why I cant verify the operation properly.Neither can I make an extension as the balun comes in an overmoulded assembly...

You are absolutely right regarding the impedance offered by the quarter wave section ...........its more like 500 ohm at 6oMhz.

Thanks for your comments ,
Regards,
George.