NEC-LIST: Patches in NEC2

From: Mirko Dionisi <mirko.dionisi_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:56:05 +0200

Hi to all,
Sorry for my bad English.
I hope someone can answer me about some problem that i come up against when
i attempt to create some no planar surface by patches.

1) In the card "SP" i can select the patch shape.What's happen when i
select "0" ( = arbitrary patch shape)? The edge of the patch coincide? And
how many kind of shape are used from NEC2 in this case?

2) I use the 4NEC2, and i find an example for the implementation of an
spherical surface (the file name is "nec-ex9.nec"). By the 3D viewer the
arbitrary shape patches are mapped with quadrilateral patch, but whit this
kind of patch the are several hole in the surface and more patches that
intersect between their self.
Well, i know that if the hole are more small of the wavelength there are no
problem... but can the shapes intersect? Or the quadrilateral patch is only
a particular way used from 4NEC2 to represent the "arbitrary patch shape"?
The real implementation in NEC2 of the arbitrary shape is different?

Thanks in advance to all for your helps.

Mirko Dionisi
CEM Laboratory
Department of Information Engineering
University of Pisa (Italy)