NEC-LIST: Current on an Infinitely Long Cylindrical Wire

From: Bibby <m.bibby_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:18:56 -0400

Back in 1979 and 1980, Jack Richmond published papers in which he discussed
the calculation of the admittance of an infinitely long wire excited by a
magnetic frill. In those papers he mentions "an efficient subroutine",
YFIN, that performs the necessary calculations.

I have programmed up my version of the formula, but it is numerically very
expensive. I need to improve matters. I have communicated with some
people at OSU, but YFIN apparently no longer exists there. I am therefore
asking members of the group if they have a copy of YFIN that they can
provide - or any alternatives.

Many thanks.

Malcolm M Bibby