NEC-LIST: Loops on vehicles

From: <ee104_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 02:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jim,

We've done a lot of work at Liverpool University on loop antennas
mounted on vehicles (particularly for NVIS applications) using both
NEC simulations and meaurements on an HF range with balloon-equipped
instrumentation. The following papers summarise our findings.

Austin B A and Liu W C, "Assessment of vehicle-mounted antennas for
NVIS applications", IEE Proc Microw, Ants, and Propagat., 149, 3,
2002, 147-152.

Austin B A and Liu W C, "Genetic Algorithm optimisation of
vehicle-mounted loop antennas for NVIS applications", Elec Letts, 35,
4, 1999, 252-3.

Austin B A and Murray K P., "The application of Characteristic Mode
techniques to vehicle-mounted NVIS antennas", IEEE Antennas and
Propagation Magazine, 40, 1, 1998, 7-30.

Regards,

Brian.

Dr B A Austin
Department of Electrical Engineering & Electronics
University of Liverpool
Brownlow Hill
Liverpool L69 3GJ
United Kingdom