Re: NEC-LIST: HF Antenna test facility, capability

From: <ghagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:39:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the referral to the XELEDOP and RELEDOP systems I helped develop
at SRI International. The XELEDOP system, as it existed in the early 1970s,
was discribed in an article I had Gary Barker (now deceased, but then my
system engineer for XELEDOP) write for a special issue on antenna
measurements of the IEEE Trans. AP, July 1973. The RELEDOP system is
described in a paper in the IEEE Trans. Broadcasting, June 1988, which I
coauthored with Roy Stehle, then my RELEDOP system engineer (but now
retired from SRI). SRI no longer has the capability to do the XELEDOP
(transmit in the air) or RELEDOP (receive in the air) HF full scale pattern
measurements, but I am cranking that capability back up. I would be glad to
discuss this with anyone interested in MF, HF, VHF or UHF full-scale
airborne pattern and absolute gain measurements.

George Hagn
Hagn Associates Ltd.
4208 Sleepy Hollow Road
Annandale, VA 22003-2046

703-941-7663 tel/fax

P.S. I am going out on a field measurement trip to Eglin AFB on a
DARPA project on Friday AM and will be back in about a week.