NEC-LIST: Combining results from different frequencies

From: Dan Maguire <bethdan_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:28:05 -0800 (PST)

Suppose I have dipole A that is intended to operate at 10 MHz and dipole B
that is intended to operate at 20 MHz. Each has a simple voltage source at
the center. The two dipoles are separated by a distance of, say, 100 meters
such that mutual coupling is not a factor. Now further suppose that I want
to know the total electric field strength at some arbitrary point C, perhaps
midway between A and B, when both A and B are transmitting at the same time
on their respective frequencies. I'd also like to know the current that is
induced on a wire of arbitrary length and orientation, located in the
vicinity of C.

My thoughts are to:
1. Include all the A, B, and C wires in one set of GW cards.
2. Keep the source on dipole A but temporarily eliminate the source on
dipole B, run NEC at 10 MHz, save the results.
3. Eliminate the A source, restore the B source, change the frequency to 20
MHz, run and save the results.
4. Do a vector sum of the near field Ex components from the two runs. Same
for Ey and Ez. Calculate Etot from the three sums.
5. Vector sum the currents on wire C from the two runs.

>>From a technical point of view, is this a valid way to model the scenario
and compute the results? In practical terms, is there a better and/or
easier way? What if A and B are much closer such that there is significant
interaction between them, would that matter?

Thanks,

Dan