Re: NEC-LIST: More on the ground stake effect.

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:24:09 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Dan and Chuck,

I should have re-read the manuals on the GE command.
Chuck's comment about a ground stake being a dummy load not
only matches my experiment, it also fits the simulation.
The ground stake triples the terminal resistance and also
takes the gains down about 6 db in the simulation, "average
ground" parameters being used. Adding 4 short (10 m)
radials at ground, no stake, raised the gains about 4 dB.
Raising the radials off ground by either 2 mm or 20 mm
decreased the gain increase to about 2 dB. (75 m band)
NEC2dxs gave the same gains as NEC4d for the raised radials.
As the gain goes up, the terminal resistance goes down, as
expected.

Doug