NEC-LIST: Running NEC4.2 on LINUX cluster

From: McKinnerney, J Justin _at_email.domain.hidden <_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:18:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

I am writing because I am dealing with very large models (in excess of
15,000 segments), and I have been trying to figure out a way to get NEC to
run these large models in core. One way that some people in my company have
done this is to run NEC on a SUN system cluster, which uses a UNIX operating
system. My sight has a 61 node DELL BEOWULF cluster that I had hoped could
be utilized in the same way, however it is running a LINUX OS. I think that
in order to get NEC to run on the Multi-Processor system I will have to
incorporate LAPAC routines, unfortunately I have no experience doing this
and I was hoping that maybe one of you could give me some insight into how I
would go about doing what I want to do. If you need more information in
order to help just tell me and I will give you what I can. Thanks for any
help you can provide.

Regards,
Justin McKinnerney