Re: NEC-LIST: NEC2 basis functions again.

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:32:25 -0500

Good day Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. Equations (41) and (42) each say that
the total current coming into a junction is equal to the
total current leaving the junction, and I suppose that,
strictly speaking, there is no variable to differentiate.
The way I thought of it was to take away the evaluation of
these currents at s_junc, differentiate both sides with
respect to s, and then evaluate at s_junc. Since this
appears to be invalid, let me ask the following question.

Consider a figure like Figure 2 in the theory manual with a
segmint i haveing two wire at each of its ends, all with the
same wire radius. Is df_1/ds=df_2/ds-df_i/ds at each end of
segment i? That is, for equal radius wires, the line charge
density is the same on each wire at a junction?

Regards,
Doug Miron