Re: NEC-LIST: EX 5 source model.

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:28:03 -0500

Thanks LB,

Did you iterate to see if the reactance settles down with
radial segment number? I think you proved my point about
the AGI-corrected resistance working even when the
inputimpedance is quite reactive. I am using command-prompt
versions of NEC2DXS* and NEC4D. Another experiment to try
is increasing the segment number on the radiator. The
derivative-discontinuity source is proportional to
1/[ln(d/a)-1], d=segment length, a=wire radius. It clearly
should blow up as d/a->e=2.718... I will test this aspect
this morning.

I have found with other electrically-small antennas that
NEC4 yields a lower resonant frequency than NEC2, if I
remember correctly. I have also seen NEC4 report a rising
then falling resistance coming up to series resonance, where
NEC2 reports a smoothly rising resistance. Not in this case
though.

Regards,
Doug Miron