Re: NEC-LIST: ex card near open wire end

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:45:35 -0600

Good day Rian,

Putting a source at an open wire end is effectively the same
as running the source into an open circuit. You'll get no
antenna current. What kind of antenna arrangement are you
trying to model?

Doug Miron

"Rian Sanderson" <rsanderson_at_sirific.com> writes:

Can anyone point me towards information why an ex card near
an open wire end is a bad idea?

I've recently upgraded to using 4nec2 version 5.4.1 and it
gave me a warning on this model. The waring:

Error: Wire 1, seg 1 (tag 1), EX-src: Not allowed near open
wire-end.

Perhaps there's a more appropriate way to excite my antenna
at the same spot?

Thanks in advance,

Rian Sanderson

The model:

CM GP Generated nec input
CM 802.11a antenna
CM
CM Using screen coords. Excite at first wire
CM dimensions in mm, scaled to meters with GS
CM
CM Rian Sanderson
CE
GW 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 .120