NEC-LIST: Known bug in NEC-4 ?

From: Leif Asbrink <leif_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:33:22 -0400

Hello All,

Symmetric structures may give non-symmetric interaction
matrices, something that is unexpected and suggests a
bug somewhere. The effect as I have seen it is small, it
would disappear in the rounding errors if computations
were made with 4 byte floating point.

The asymmetry is caused by the normalization of
QJRATI(I) in the routine QJRATV.

QJRATI(1) is set to (1.0, 0.0) and the higher members
are scaled by the original complex value of QJRATI(1).

This way both amplitude and phase are scaled. When
QJRATI is used in JNQSET, only the real part is used
and that causes the symmetry error.

Symmetry is restored if QJRATI is replaced by its
magnitude but I do not quite understand what the code
is intended to do so I do not know if that would
be the correct fix.

Is this a known bug?

 Leif Asbrink