Re: NEC-LIST: ATU Loss Estimation

From: Jim Lux <James.P.Lux_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:37:37 -0400

At 06:51 AM 7/23/2007, Frans Klinker wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>A few years ago Dr Perry Wheless Jr. wrote an article in "High
>Frequency Electronics" about loss estimation in Tee Network Antenna Tuners.
>A copy of the Matlab code discussed in the text could be obtained
>from the author.
>However, it turns out that the email address of Dr. Wheless at the
>University of Alabama, as given in the article, is no longer correct.
>Can anyone help me?

I use a very handy Excel spreadsheet called XLZIZL (you can google
for it) for this kind of thing. The VBA code behind the sheet is
fairly self explanatory if you want to move it to another platform
(e.g. Matlab/Octave)

You might also check Kevin Schmidt's page:
http://fermi.la.asu.edu/w9cf/tuner/tuner.html

L.B.Cebik's has a whole page on this stuff with more links:
http://www.cebik.com/trans/tlnw.html

>Thank you.
>
>Frans Klinker,
>PA3DDN.
>
>--

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075