Re: NEC-LIST: RF Voltage Levels

From: <4nec2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 12:41:32 -0500

For an example of how things could be done one could consider downloading
free 4nec2 at http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Although not fully Nec4 based it might deliver some usefull info.

After install and start-up, open the example file for the guyed vertical
transmitting tower in ..\4nec2\models\HFvertical\Isolators.nec

With fresh installs the message 'Max number of N loading cards exceeded'
might show up. If so, please use 'Settings->Memory usage->Max-nr LD cards'
to increase the number to something around 100. This will enable 4nec2 to
use/show the data for all 87 isolators (LD cards).

Enter the required power level under 'Settings -> Input power'.

Use 'Calculate->Nec output-data', select 'use original file' and click
<Generate> to let 4nec2 calculate the voltage drop across each insulator
related to the specified power-level.

Use 'Show->Excit/loading info' on the 'Main (F2)' window to consult the
data or zoom-in and click on the specified insulator in the 'Geometry
(F3)' window.

After 'Calculate->Nec output-data' one could also select 'Near field
pattern' and specify the XYZ region around specific isolators.
This will let 4nec2 calculate and visualize the electical field strength
around the selected insulator.

Best wishes for 2008 and happy modelling,
Arie.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
(Please ignore the advertisements below)