NEC-LIST: What about the accuracy of the modeling of the ground screen in nec?

From: xlzhang0606 <xlzhang0606_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:45:04 -0400

HI,

It is so grateful to Song, John and Jerry
to for the interpretaion on the modeling
of lossy ground. And thank you all nice guys.
I am working on it and wondering to know if
any other ways can be applied to deal with
the lossy ground.

another question:

I am using 4nec2,the free version of the nec.
 It is so great and easy to be handled. I found
 several examples about the modeling of the
ground screens in 4nec2. The radial screen is
treated as wires directly, when it is a little
height above the ground. As far as I know,
however, the screen in practical is extending
 on the surface of the ground. No gap exist
between screen and ground and nec2 or mom
is difficult to deal with the wires touching
 the ground directly. WHAT about the ACCURACY
when the ground screen is modeled like that?
WHAT are the suggestions on the using of
ground screen to improve the antenna's performance?

                      Xiaolin
                            08/07/23