Re: many segments

From: DeSchweinitz DD <l101390_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 09:13:55 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for all the help. I found 3 pc executables in
netcom.com/pub/ra/rander: nec2.exe, nec2d.exe, and nec.linux. At first I
didn't try the nec2d.exe because I thought that it was a 2-dimensional
code. When I finally tried it, I found that it was much faster and
handled larger models than the nec2.exe. Peeking at the code, it appears
that nec2.exe was compiled with a 1985 Microsoft c compiler, and nec2d.exe
was compiled with a 1991 Lahey fortran. The linux executable seems
comparable with the nec2d.exe (Lahey Fortran) version in speed. I'd like
to stay in DOS so that I can easily work with the output in Excel.

I have access to Microsoft Fortran 5.0 and 5.1 and several Borland c
products. Should I find and learn Lahey or some other compiler? The
documentation I have is pretty old (from a 1985 NEEDS package). If I
ordered newer documentation, would it explain how to customize the code or
take better advantage of symmetry? Is this information available
elsewhere? I'm doing analyzing periodic arrays, so many of the matrix
elements are repeated.

Finally, I wrote a Quick Basic program to give a rotatable 3D display of
a NEC input file (similar to the Wiregrid display, but reads NEC files).
I'll send it to anyone who promises not to laugh at the code.

                        TNX again!
                                Dave <l101390_at_lfwc.lockheed.com>