Re: Segments

From: Joseph Finnerty <jdf112_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 02:05:50 -0500

In reference to RC Looke's question regarding
bowtie antennas:

NEC does not like sharp angles therefore
you should try to avoid them when modeling
an antenna. (excuse the art...probably most
editors won't display it right anyways)

 \ /
    \ /
        \ /
            \ /
               \ /
   sharp ( \ /
--------------S--------------
                 / \
               / \
             / \
           / \
        / \
     / \

       "Bad model"

A way to more accurately model this
antenna is shown below.

       \ /
           \ /
              \ /
                 \ /
   l arger( | |
      ---------|-------S-------|---------
                  | |
                 / \
              / \
          / \
       / \

         "Good model"

Basically, instead of having the wires meet right
at the sharp angle, extend the area around the
source and then start the wire at the coordinates
which will give you a larger angle.

Also, you should break each wire into
smaller wires so that you can place
more segments in the area close to