NEC-LIST: Re: NEC Web User Manual

From: Peter Richeson <richesop_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 97 7:55:43 CST

I agree that my on-line NEC Documentation needs work. Redrawing the gif images
would be nice and I am trying to figure out why the windows version does not
work. As near as I can figure out my ISP does not support .doc as a MSWord
extention. I have placed both the Mac and Windows version in my FTP dir for
downloading (ftp.dec.tis.nec/pub/users/richesop) I have had several people
download from there.

One of my winter projects is to go through and clean up all my web pages
starting with the NEC pages. If some one would like to redraw the gifs I would
be glad to replace my scaned images.

As far as putting them in PDF format as some have sugested. I do not have the
capability to do this. If some one wishes to to it I sould be happy to post
them.

Basicaly, I am open for sugestions on how to make my NEC pages better, and will
do what I can but as with all am very busy so the more others do the better for
all.

> Peter D. Richeson site (http://www.dec.tis.net/~richesop/nec/) seems to
> be the only ressource for on-line NEC documentation. Nevertheless, his
> "Nec 2 Manual" is not ended yet... (and the Winword version as been "in

Will it ever:) If you are refuring to not having section I & II, I started work
on section 1 but there are soooo many equations that are very hard to do in html
that I put it on hold.

> work" for ages...) Gif images are bad n huge scans from a paper
> documentation, and are not even included in the text...

I did not include them in the text, made then links, on purpose. Many users on
at the end of a "small pipe" and puting the images inline would slow them down.
If the group wishes, I can make them inline.

> Hi think it would be good to improve it, in order to make more people be
> interested in NEC... I proposed Mr Richeson to redraw illustrations,
> but he did not answer... Furthermore, I think a ".pdf" or ".rtf" or

I do not remember geting you sugestion. If I would have answered you one way or
the other.

> LaTex or PostScript version for download would be better than a Word
> version.

Would a plan text version, no graphics, be usable? I have had one request so
far for this.

--
.     (o o)