Re: NEC Web User Manual

From: Robert Haviland <bobh_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 16:50:52 -0500 (EST)

As far as I know, NOSC Technical Document 116, Numerical Electromagnetics
Code (NEC)- Method of Moments, is the definitive document for NEC. It is
available from NTIS as AD-A075 209, 289 and 460 for the three parts. Part
3 is also in the NEEDS package of the Applied Computational
Electromagnetics Society, ACES.

The NEC document carries the notation "Approved for Public Release-
Distribution Unlimited".

Recommendations: prepare the text as a "plain Vanilla" ASCII text file, by
scanning with an OCR program such as WordLinx2.0.

The illustrations should be supplied in an expandable format. .GIF works
well, as do others. By using line art or equivalent format, the file size
can be kept small.

Note: I did include the pages for card preparation in the Walnut Creek
Antennas CDROM. These are in .GIF format, but it I were doing it again, I
would follow the above recommendation.

There are so many features in NEC that the manuals are a necessity. The
microfiche version is not bad and not too expensive.

R. P. Haviland