NEC Manual

From: Brian C. Wadell <bcwadell_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 10:52:35 -0500

Colleagues,

It seems to me that MS Word is a very good format: good page layout, inexpensive, available on PC and Mac, easy to use, easy to buy, free viewer. The manual in Word format is great as it is--THANK YOU for all the hard work.

The on-line publishing of documents has moved towards pdf files. Also, a free viewer but less likely one owns the tools to create and modify.

It seems, though that the manual as-is isn't what we want. The reason everyone wants it on-line is so we can update, correct, and improve upon it. Which is a super objective for this group.

So, isn't a good (I won't say the right or the best) approach to leave it in Word. Edit/modify it in Word. Put it up on the net in Word. Get nec-list volunteers to contribute to it in Word. AND, get one of the nec-list with the right tools to periodically convert the latest version to .pdf and also put that on the site.

Regards,

Brian C. Wadell