Re: NEC-LIST: NEC-BSC Clones?

From: Saoudy Saoudy <ssaoudy_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:49:35 -0330 (NST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Dave Michelson wrote:

> If you know of any high-frequency codes suitable for studying the
> effect of arbitrary scatterers on the far-field pattern of an antenna,
> I would like to hear from you. Something like NEC-BSC, including
> source code....
>
> Ron Marhefka has just informed me that *all* versions of NEC-BSC are
> treated as "Military Critical Technology". (This includes the first
> version of NEC-BSC dated Sep. 1979.) Since AT&T isn't a defense
> contractor, I'm not eligible to order a copy....
>
> --
> Dave Michelson AT&T Wireless Services
> dmichels_at_mccaw-stg.com Strategic Technology Group

Hi, everyone

NEC-BSC requires the recommendation of a NATO military authority and if
you are a non-american your application for it should go to the american
authority through your own embassy..

One can still try WIPL code by Artec House.. It takes into account
diffraction on nearby surfaces into account..

Or one can use wire grid model of such shapes...

Bye

S. Ahmed Saoudy
C-CORE, Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NF, Canada A1B 3X5