Re: NEC-LIST: Any microstrip patch and feed analysis software a

From: Andre Fourie <fourie_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 13 11:42:57 1997

> I know that there are some very expensive EM programs available from various
> companies. What I am wondering is if there are any programs, similar to
> NEC, that are available to analyze microstrip patches, feed networks, and
> antannas.

We have simulated circular patches with feed networks to provide circular
polarization using NEC-2 with FREE SPACE as dielectric. We used wire grids
above a perfect ground plane and even if actual devices will incorporate some
dielectric I believe some very useful information can be obtained. Our
application was Inmarsat antennas at about 1.5 GHz and we performed
measurements which confirmed the simulated results in terms of pattern shape
and cross-polarization.

Hope this may be of use.

Andre Fourie
Tel: Intl + 27 11 7165386
Fax: Intl + 27 11 3394610
Website: http://www.infodoor.co.za/gfa/
email: fourie_at_odie.ee.wits.ac.za
Papermail: Dr APC Fourie, Elec Eng, Wits, 2050, South Africa