Re: NEC-LIST: 1) Collinears, 2) Yagi Antenna Designer's Handbook

From: John Belrose <john.belrose_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:48:18 -0400

Hello Duncan,

Concerning (1) this brings to mind a paper I wrote on mobile antennas:
"Vehicular Antennas for 800 MHz Mobile Radio Band", J.S. Belrose, in
Proceedings for 33rd IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Toronto, ON, May
1983. This is not what you looking for, if your intent is to design,
but the subject addressed is something that no one knows anything about, or
everyone ignors. Mobile "gain" antennas only work really well in in an
uncluttered signal environment --- in the countryside, or on a street down
which the signal channels.

Re (2) the only book I know having a similar title is "Yagi Antenna Design"
by James L. Lawson, W2PV, ARRL Publication, 1986. But this book is
strictly HF --- however frequencies scale.

Nowadays good designs for collinar/stacked yagi antennas would be arrived
at by exercising NEC, but only if you have an antenna optimizing code ---
which I do not have.

73, Jack, VE2CV

>Good day again folks.
>
>1) I am looking for some good design/construction info on collinear
>arrays for mobile comms. and base stations? Would appreciate some good
>references on this.
>
>2) Some months back our colleagues in Cyber Space generously supplied me
>with a wealth of info on Yagi/Uda antennas. The response was overwhelming
>and most gratifying. My sincere thanks to all who contributed. Now I am
>looking for some specific info. My brother Dirk recalls a handbook "Yagi
>Antenna Designer's Handbook" (or suchlike title). Does anyone have a more
>complete reference for us??
>
>Have a great day/weekend,
>Duncan Baker.
>PROF. DUNCAN C. BAKER, DEPT. OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING,
>UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA, PRETORIA, 0002, SOUTH AFRICA.
>
>EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, ACES JOURNAL.
>
>PHONE +27 12 420 2775 (OFFICE), +27 12 47 7480 (HOME)
>FAX +27 12 43 3254 (OFFICE), +27 12 348 5314 (HOME)
>E-MAIL: DUNCAN.BAKER_at_EE.UP.AC.ZA (PREFERRED ADDRESS)
> d.baker_at_ieee.org (IEEE alias address)
>LOCAL STANDARD TIME = UT+2 HOURS

John S. (Jack) Belrose, PhD Cantab, VE2CV
Director, Radio Sciences
PO Box 11490 Stn. H
OTTAWA ON K2H 8S2
CANADA