NEC LIST - SURVEY

From: Tuli Herscovici <tuli_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:05:54 -0400

Hi folks,

The IEEE-AP Boston Chapter would like to put together a 3-day symposium
entitled THE NEW ENGLAND SYMPOSIUM ON ANTENNAS FOR WIRELESS
COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS.
We feel that there is a need for such a symposium that would be in the
middle between the (more or less) academic IEEE annual symposium and the
purely commercial conferences on wireless communications.

Location : somewhere between routes 495 and 128 (around Boston, MA at
about 20-30 miles radius)
Time : During the week of June 15-22, 1998.
Estimated number of papers: 100-150.
Estimated number of people attending the symposium: 300.

We are now in the preliminary stage of checking the feasibility of such
a conference and the interest it could raise.

The topics proposed to cover are:

· Military To Commercial Technology Migration
· Trends in Architectures for Future Generations Wireless Systems
· Base-Station and Satellite Antenna Developments

· Adaptive and Active Antennas
· Antenna Diversity Techniques

· Novel Antennas and Passive Arrays Configurations
· Multiband Operations and Polarization Characteristics
· Microstrip Antennas and Arrays for Wireless Communication
· Mobile Antennas and Vehicle Modeling

· Human Interactions with Antennas
· Indoor Propagation

I would appreciate your comments and advice on this idea.

Thank you

Tuli Herscovici - Chairman
IEEE-AP Boston Chapter

|  Dr. Naftali (Tuli) Herscovici	  |
|  http://www.tiac.net/users/tuli/	  |
|  52, Agnes Drive, Framingham, MA 01701  |
|  Tel: 508 788 5152 Fax: 508 788 6226	  |