Re: NEC-LIST: ELNEC and verticals

From: John F. Bartucci <john.bartucci_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 07:33:23 -0400

Hi

I've tried using NEC for that purpose but I'm not sure I trust the
results. The gains derived are too good.

You MUST use the SOMNEC ground model and you must supply the ground as
separate wires. I designed a simple two element array elevated .5m
off the ground with an elevated feed to match 50 ohm coax, each element
with four radials. The gain was given as over 5 db. Seems unrealistic
to me. I'd be very interested if you get any other responses possibly
not through the mailer.

regards

John, K8JB