Re: NEC-LIST: NEC-WIN Pro, Antenna Gain modeling

From: L. B. Cebik <cebik_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 05:44:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Chuck Counselman wrote:

> Max Schmitt <mjschmit_at_bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> > I still think, that including LD lines for each wire, when you have
> > large number of wires is bothersome. There should be a way to
> > consider conductivity for all wires at once.
>
> I agree. I'm unfamiliar with NEC-WIN Pro; however, I have and
> sometimes use Roy Lewallen's NEC-based program EZNEC (which I
> recommend, too); and EZNEC allows you to set the wire conductivity to
> Copper, Aluminum, etc. I don't recall for sure but EZNEC may allow
> you to input any arbitrary value of wire conductivity. -Chuck W1HIS

Although the interfaces developed by W7EL and NEC-Win Pro differ, each
produces an LD card per wire in a .NEC type file (although EZNEC Pro
produces this file on demand and ordinarily does not save
automatically in this format). EZNEC assigns the same material loss
factor to each LD card. NEC-Win Pro can accept different values for
each card if the material differs from wire to wire.

The file for a NEC-Win Pro model can be modified in the text editor to
replace all the LD cards with a single card, assuming the same
material throughout. Check with NEC-Win Tech support for the
recommended method. (I am not where my NEC manual is at the moment.)

Program-specific questions can often be resolved by checking with the
web pages maintained by the programming outfits. Both W7EL and
Nittany-Scientific maintain web pages with e-mail addresses for
inquiries. Since I am away from my listings, I cannot give them here,
but I have a web page with the links to each known commercial NEC and
MININEC producer at my own amateur radio site, URL below.

Hope this info is useful.

Regards,

L. B. Cebik

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL /\ /\ * / / / (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive / \/ \/\ ----/\--- (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee /\ \ \ \ / / || / (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443 USA / \ \ \ \ || cebik_at_utk.edu