NEC-LIST: NEC-WIN Pro, Antenna Gain modeling

From: <w7el_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 00:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, ccc_at_space.mit.edu (Chuck Counselman) wrote:
>Max Schmitt <mjschmit_at_bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>> I still think, that including LD lines for each wire, when you have
>> large number of wires is bothersome. There should be a way to
>> consider conductivity for all wires at once.
>
>I agree. I'm unfamiliar with NEC-WIN Pro; however, I have and
>sometimes use Roy Lewallen's NEC-based program EZNEC (which I
>recommend, too); and EZNEC allows you to set the wire conductivity to
>Copper, Aluminum, etc. I don't recall for sure but EZNEC may allow
>you to input any arbitrary value of wire conductivity. -Chuck W1HIS

EZNEC permits you to specify any conductivity and permeability (copper
and 6061 aluminum alloy are pre-defined for convenience). However, the
same combination applies to all wires. In practice, this is usually
acceptable when wires are of different materials because generally one
part of the antenna dominates the loss.

Roy Lewallen