NEC-LIST: GC command card for NEC2

From: <KLysiak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:28:09 -0600 (CST)

        The GC card is a standard command for NEC4 and possibly NEC3
(I don't remember). It was "retrofitted" to some "versions" of NEC2,
although it is not implemented exactly the same in NEC2 and NEC4. Try
looking closely in the manual under the GW command. Its basic format
for NEC2 is:

GC 0 0 RDEL RAD1 RAD2

RDEL (F1) - Ratio of the length of a segment to the length of the
previous segment in the string.
RAD1 (F2) - Radius of the first segment in the string.
RAD2 (F3) - Radius of the last segment in the string.

The GC card must follow a GW card for which the segments are to be
tapered. The radius in the GW card must be zero.

To determine if your copy of NEC2 has the GC card, try a simple test.

For example;
GW 1 10 0 0 0 0 0 1
GC 0 0 1.1 0.001 0.005

Run NEC2 to see if it excepts the command, also check to see that the
segments are tapered in the output file. If your copy of NEC2 does
not have the GC card implemented, I suggest getting a copy of NEC-Win
Pro from Nittany-Scientific. It has the command implemented in NEC2
and in the viewer.

There are a few other minor modifications that have been made to NEC2.
Contact Nittany-Scientific at
http://www.nittany-scientific.com/nwpupgrade

Although this may sound like a biased sales pitch for
Nittany-Scientific, it really is not; I am just most familiar with
NEC-Win PRO. There are many new NEC utilities available now (i.e.,
MININEC, EZ-NEC, ELNEC), each for a few hundred dollars. Most of
these programs will pay for themselves within a day or two of use.

Keith,

Keith A. Lysiak, Ph.D
Senior Research Engineer
Signal Exploitation and Geolocation Division
Southwest Research Institute
San Antonio, Texas
(210) 522-5776