Re: NEC-LIST: Q = Commands for Unix NEC and PC -NEC

From: Neibig Uwe (K3/EDK1) <Uwe.Neibig_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:08:05 +0100

        Dear Mr. Boon Phing,

        Concerning your problem correctly running an example under
UNIX you maybe have got a problem in converting files from DOS to
UNIX. I copied your example file from your mail to my DOS directory
and could run it easily. But if you copy it from DOS to a UNIX system
you have to be aware of the slightly different storing formate of
ASCII text files. Here under DOS every line ends with an ^M
(Control-M) and the end of file is marked with an ^Z (Control-Z). You
can see these control commands by means of a UNIX editor for example
EMACS. After deleting these commands the example was calculated
successfully under UNIX too.

        I've heard about tools converting ASCII text files from DOS to
UNIX and vice versa.

        Good luck,

        U.Neibig