Re: NEC-LIST: TIREM propagation code?

From: Dave Michelson <davem_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 21:18:45 -0800 (PST)

Tom Rubinstein-CEGR01 wrote:

> The correct number is TSB-88. I will correct this the next time I
> update the VTS Web Page. I also plan to remove the report now that the
> TSB has been published.

Thanks, Tom. That explains why I couldn't find information about the
updated version of the report on the Global Engineering Documents
website referred to at the VTS site.

> Note also that the down side of Harry Anderson's method is that it can
> be very time consuming on certain kinds of paths.

Are C or Fortran implementations of Anderson's method available? Or
is it up to each person to implement the model as they see fit.

Failing that, are results using Anderson's model available for the
Propagation Modeling and Simulation Benchmarks listed in section 5.6
of the 20 May 1997 version of the TSB-88 report?

My interest is in comparing results from a new/novel propagation
prediction model to a "well-regarded" industry standard model.
Anderson's model appears to fall into the latter category. Having my
own version of a source code implementation would make life a bit
easier.

(Of course, I'm still interested in a copy of the TIREM source code
for a second comparison, if it's available.)

Thanks.

--
Dave Michelson                                  AT&T Wireless Services
dmichels_at_mccaw-stg.com                        Strategic Technology Group