Re: NEC-LIST: Lahey LF90 vs DEC PowerStation

From: Daniel Dallaire <dallaire.daniel_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:12:15 -0500 (EST)

At 10:33 98-02-02 -0800, w7el_at_teleport.com wrote:
>Well, it's about time to reach for the wallet and decide whether to
>upgrade to Lahey LF90 v. 4, or to jump ship and get the DEC
>Powerstation....

Hi,

I have been using LF90 v.3 for long time with NEC4 without any
problems. Recently, I moved to V.4. The move have been straight
forward without any modification of the code. Since 3 years, I
completely converted the source code of the double precision version
of NEC4.1 in FORTAN 90 using intensively dynamic memory allocation and
module techniques. I run NEC4 in a windows NT environment. At this
point, the behavior is great.

My PC as 384 megs of RAM and use two 300 MHz PENTIUM II in
parallel. Even if I have added several feature to my version of the
code, it would be interesting to compare the time of execution with
others executable obtained with other compiler.

Here is a list of the control card I have add (in French):

DP difference de potentiel scalaire entre deux points voisin
  (Methode divergence de A).
DR difference de potentiel scalaire entre un point et une reference
  (Divergence de A).
LP potentiel scalaire le long d'une droite suivant l'equation
  Int(E+jw=A)dl.
NP potentiel scalaire voisin. (x,y,z) (Methode divergence de A).
PD potentiel scalaire le long d'une droite (Methode divergence de A).
FC Calcul de la conductivite du sol en fonction de la frequence.
FD Calcul de la constante dielectrique du sol en fonction de la frequence.

The scalar potential his calculated using the Lorentz gauge condition
or Int(E+jwA)dl. From the former condition, scalar potential is given
by (V = -div(A) / jwue) for a non-conducting medium and by (V =
-div(A) / u(sig+jwe)) for a lossy medium, where it is assumed that:
Rot(A) = B.

The possibility of calculating the ground parameter in function of the
frequency as been introduced in other to correctly calculate impulse
response of structures.

The program can be call by a batch file with a configuration file
giving all the necessary information or by a command line mode with
parameters to be declared in the command line. It works in DOS or a
DOS WINDOW in WINDOWS 3.1, WINDOWS 95 or WINDOWS NT.

Daniel Dallaire

**************************************
Daniel Dallaire, Ing., M.Sc.A.
President Techno-Cos Inc.
Services de consultation et de recherche scientifique
Interferences et compatibilite electromagnetique

C.P. 56, Ste-Julie
Quebec (Canada)
J3X 1X5

Tel.: +1 (514) 649-5638
Fax.: +1 (514) 649-9272
E-mail: <dallaire.daniel_at_tnc-inc.qc.ca>