NEC-LIST: Low Frequency Impedance Problems

From: Geof Noakes <noakes_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:12:19 -0600 (CST)

I am currently using a version of NEC2 on an HP workstation, I am
modeling some fractal antennas. The wire lengths that I am using are
rather small but within the specs of the NEC ( as printed in the
documentation ). There are many 90 degree bends. I am getting rough
and erratic results for the impedance at low frequencies. What is the
cause of this and how might I fix it? Do I need to try and get a
version of NEC4? Does any one know what advantages there are to NEC4
vs NEC2?

Geof Noakes
University of Wisconsin - Madison