Re: NEC-LIST: Low Frequency Impedance Problems

From: JOHN YORKO <jjyorko_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 08:36:54 -0500

     Geof,

There is a paper in the Winter 1990 (Vol. 5, No. 2) edition of the
ACES journal called "Verifying Wire-Grid Model Integrity with Program
CHECK" by C.W. Trueman and S.J. Kubina that may help. It was mainly
written for wire-grid model verification, but the criteria contained
could be used for any wire antenna model. It is especially useful for
antennas with close wire spacing and lots of bends, such as fractal
antennas. Quoting from the paper's introduction, "The paper
summarizes the rules set out in the NEC User's Guide, and the authors'
experience, into "modeling guidelines"." I have never modeled a
fractal antenna, but I have used the criteria for verifying wire grids
and helices.

Hope it helps.

John Yorko
ITT A/CD - Fort Wayne, IN