NEC-LIST: current sources

From: Grant Bingeman <DrBingo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:28:27 -0400

Has anyone modified the NEC4 source code to include the matrix math
required to calculate the complex voltage sources that produce
specific complex currents at random locations different from the
voltage source locations? I did this for an early MoM program 20
years ago, but am loathe to do it to NEC4 because of all the various
matrix math short-cuts NEC4 uses. Looks at first glance like I might
be opening a can of worms. But my old program allowed me to specify
any number of desired complex currents at any segments, and I would
simply specify the source segment locations, then it would tell me the
exact values for those sources that would produce the desired
currents, explicitly, non-iteratively. I used it for pattern
optimization, broadcast antenna monitor sample loop placement vs
measured pattern studies, etc.

Grant Bingeman