NEC LIST: Computing Electric Field using NEC2

From: Foo Sek Joon <foosj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 19:26:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

My name is Sek Joon and I am an EMC engineer from Singapore. Currently
I am learning to use the NEC2 software to compute Electric field at a
point in a vehicle due to a transmitting antenna.

I understand that the excitation of the source for NEC2 is specified
in voltage, current source or a plane wave incident on the structure.
However, if I have a transmitter radiating at 100 W, how should I
convert the output power into voltage? Does NEC2 take into account the
impedance matc hing of the antenna when computing the Electric field?

>From a typical NEC2 output file under the heading "Antenna Input
Parameters", we can see the following;

Voltage(V) Current(A) Impedance(ohms) Admittance(MHOS) Power(W)

Could you provide a definition for the Voltage, Impedance & Power
specified above? Is the Voltage specified above taken across the input
port of the antenna? Does it take into account the source impedance?
Is the impedance specified above applicable to a single element of the
antenna or the entire antenna? Does the power specified above
applicable to power dissipated into a single element of the antenna or
the entire antenna?

Thanks for your kind attention and I would be very grateful if you
could enlighten me on this.

Warmest Regards,
Sek Joon