Re: NEC-LIST: mininec, NEC4?

From: Fractenna <fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 12:22:44 +0000 (GMT)

> Could anyone enlighten me on the general capabilities of the various
> analysis programs available for electromagnetics? I have an
> application which simple wire geometries wont cover. I'm wondering
> what the capabilities of NEC4 are, cost, source, etc.

FDTD and FEM programs are generally preferred for complex, non-wire
geometries. IE3D is the most popular for those without a $25,000
budget. But they are all tricky/hard to use to some extent. They all
work.

NEC4 is licensed through Jerry Burke. Roy, W7EL, packages this with a
wonderful interface for an extremely effective, easy to use, and
cost-worthy package which is my preference. I would bet Roy would be
happy to tell you if NEC4 will do what you want.

73
Chip N1IR