NEC-LIST: NEC4.1/NGF Problems

From: <KLysiak_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:22:59 -0500 (CDT)

        I assume that you are compiling the NEC4.1 code to run under a
DOS window. Have you tested the performance when compiled as a
Windows application? Also, has the Numerical Green's Function been
checked? Recently it has been noticed that the DEC compiler causes
excessive Green's Function file write times when run under Windows95
and NT. The problem appears to be worse under NT and also seems to be
worse on a Pentium PRO than a Pentium II.

        Whether NEC4.1 is executing or saving to a .ngf file, the run
times should be nearly the same. The .ngf is usually slightly faster.
This is not the case with the DEC compiler under Windows95 or NT. A
solution to this problem has not been found to my knowledge.

Keith A. Lysiak, Ph.D 6220 Culebra Road
Southwest Research Institute P.O.Drawer 28510
Senior Research Engineer San Antonio, TX 78228-0510
Radiolocation Systems Section Voice: (210) 522-5776
Signal Exploitation and Geolocation Division FAX: (210) 522-2709