Re: NEC-LIST: Trouble with dipoles

From: Michael Bradford <michael_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:27:35 +0000

Tiffany

I've compared NEC-2 and FDTD previously for modelling dipole
impedances. I found discrepancies between the two methods because the
wire model with NEC giving the better results. The reason for the
difference was that the FDTD code I was using didnt correctly model
the capacitance of the wire ends, as it didnt use a different
formulation for the ends compared to the middle segments.

I don't know whether this helps

Regards

Michael Bradford

In message <9810290329.AA02446_at_fs1.ece.ubc.ca>, Tiffany Buffaloe
<tkb_at_ee.duke.edu> writes

--
Michael Bradford