Re: NEC-LIST: Coupling Query

From: <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:12:19 +0100 (MET)

Warren Rolfe wrote:

>I am trying to correlate measurements of coupling at HF with
>predictions made by NEC. The real-life measurements have been made
>using a Hewlett Packard Network Analyser and therefore do not make any
>adjustments to the impedances of the two antennas ( as I believe NEC
>does - conjugate matching).

In your model, load the receiving antenna with 50 Ohm (as the network-
analyser does, I assume it is 50 Ohm). And then, give the transmitting
antenna a voltage source of 2 Volt in series with 50 Ohm. The signal
on the load will then by definition be S12.

If you also want to compare S11 and S22, then let Nec compute the
antenna impedance of the transmitting antenna and use the appropriate
equation to convert that to S11 (for S22 let the other one be the
transmitter.)

Greetings, Jos

----
Jozef R. Bergervoet                            Electromagnetism and EMC
Philips Research Laboratories,               Eindhoven, The Netherlands
E-mail: bergervo_at_natlab.research.philips.com      Phone: +31-40-2742403