RE: NEC-LIST: Problem using arcs

From: Russell Eberhardt <reberhardt_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:10:08 +0000

> In the 2nd GA card just replace arc range [180,0] to
> [180,360] and you'll
> find similar results

Thanks for your help. This works. I said that I was still into
making silly mistakes!

The NEC-2 user guide is not very clear on the specification of the
angles for GA. It states that ANG1 is measured in a left hand
direction from the x axis and I had assumed that the arc continues in
this direction until ANG2 is reached like, for example, Autocad.

Am I right in assuming then that the arc is always drawn from the
smaller to the larger angle? So a 20 degree arc crossing the x axis
would have ANG1 = 350 and ANG2 = 370?

If not, can someone spell out the rules?

Thanks,
Russell Eberhardt

Telecam Electronics Ltd
Web Site: http://www.telecam.demon.co.uk