NEC-LIST: NEC code required for Rhombic design

From: Mr Phil Ede <philede_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:40:56 +0000

Hi

Can anyone provide me with the NEC2 or NEC4 code for a Rhombic ?

I have to select an antenna for use on a 7000 km circuit, requiring an
elevation angle as low as 4 degrees each end. One end is
mid-latitude, the other equatorial and the circuit passes close by a
region prone to heavy electrical storms. The required antenna is to
be situated on the equatorial end of the link.

The most cost-effective antenna would be a Rhombic, but checking out
the the ITU REC705 model using HFANT (Listed in ICEPAC as Rhombic type
007) the output drops to a null at zero elevation, and peaks at 7-10
degrees elevation, which makes the antenna more sensitive to noise
than wanted signal.

I am unsure how the Rhombic is supposed to work as it resembles 4
Beverages, and if driven by wavetilt it would provide real gain at zero
elevation. If not, what parameters reduce the elevation of the maximum
gain ?

I would be pleased for any advice.

Thanks

Phil Ede