NEC-LIST: TL card

From: YH Lee <yhl100_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:18:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I am trying to use the TL card in NEC. However, it seems to be giving
me results which doesn't look very correct to me. Wonder if anyone
could help.

I am trying to feed two dipoles using two transmission lines
connecting the two dipoles at the middle. As shown below:

        Dipole 1 Dipole 2
           | |
           | |
           | Transmission Transmission |
           | Line 1 Line 2 |
           | |
           |---------------|----------------|
           | Voltage |
           | source |
           | |
           | |
           | |

As can be seen from the structure above, because I need to connect the
two ends of the TL card, I have made a small segement in the middle to
act as a source (where the exciation voltage and load impedance are
applied to the segment and the two TL cards are also connected to that
segment). The two ends of the transmission line are loaded such that
they are perfectly matched.

The TL card seems to have amplified my excitation voltage by quite a
lot and therefore giving me unexpected results.

I was wondering if anyone who has tried using the TL card could help me
with this problem.I would also appreciate it if anyone could tell me
is this is a possible way of feeding the dipoles.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Yee Hui