Re: NEC-LIST: CFA-The Saga Continues

From: Dave Michelson <dmichelson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:48:58 -0700

Prof Duncan Baker wrote:

> Anyway, even if not for CFAs, I would appreciate some good references
> on the Wheeler Cap.

I assume you're referring to Harold Wheeler's technique for measuring
the radiation efficiency of electrically small antennas.

Hmm. I actually had a copy of Wheeler's original paper on the topic
somewhere around here but can't locate it at the moment. I'm fairly
sure that it's referred to by

E.H. Newman, P. Bohly, and C.H. Walter, "Two methods for the measurement
of antenna efficiency," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., vol. AP-23, pp.
457-461, July 1975.

and/or

K. Fujimoto et al., "Small Antennas." Letchworth, UK: Research Studies,
1987.

which might be a bit easier to locate.

I hope this helps.

--