Re: NEC-LIST: connecting wires to real ground in NEC2

From: George Hagn <hagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:22:33 -0400

Joe:

Jack Belrose's advice is sound. I had to use the quarter-wave wires
very close to (but not touching) ground on the first work I was
involved in on tactical antennas that had a ground involved (e.g.,
sloping Vee with terminating resistors). I later got NEC-3 and checked
a few cases and got the same result to close enough for engineering
purposes. Mary Lee, who was on my staff at the time, did a lot of
NEC-2 modeling for other structures as well, and we got good
results. We did need to "tune" the wire length of the stub to be
exactly a quarter wave and open on the far end (so a short was at the
feed).

George Hagn