RE: NEC-LIST: A question about yagis raised by Zvi Frank

From: L. B. Cebik <cebik_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:42:48 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but the designs of DL6WU can
be found in Rothammel's Antennenbuch (1984 Edition, pp 413-415).
These long-boom designs can be selectively pruned to a desired boom
length or gain value and still maintain the source impedance (for most
lengths, according to my selective modeling). Some updating of these
designs has been done, but I do not know if the updates maintain the
convenient prune-ability. I have not checked all lengths, but some of
the shorter lengths in the 13 dBi (free space) gain range have a very
wide performance characteristic bandwidth. They also scale nicely
from their 70 cm band of origin.

Regards,

L. B. Cebik