Re: NEC-LIST: Modelling wide metallic surfaces

From: Dave Michelson <dmichelson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 11:29:00 -0700

Farhad Rachidi wrote:

> Does anybody have some experience in using NEC to model finite, but
> wide metallic surfaces ? The configuration we are interested to model
> is a dipole above a metallic surface of about 5 m x 5 m, at a few GHz.
> Thanks for your help.

This sounds like a problem for NEC-BSC.

In fact, it's example problem 1 in the NEC-BSC user's guide.

NEC-BSC 3.4 is available for Linux, SGI, Windows, and possibly other
platforms from Ohio State University in return for a US$300
duplication fee.

See http://esl.eng.ohio-state.edu/codes/Infnzbsc34.htm for more
details.

See http://esl.eng.ohio-state.edu/codes/Ordlst8.htm for ordering
instructions.

I've attached a copy of the NEC-BSC input file for the problem you
describe. Note that the NEC-BSC user's manual compares the NEC-BSC
output with measured data in Fig. 7.6 on p. 187.

--
Dave Michelson
dmichelson_at_home.com
--------------------