Re: NEC-LIST: Re-radiation and the CFA

From: Jos R Bergervoet <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:01:08 +0200

Paul Moody wrote:

>and battery supply is fitted to the base of the groundplane. ( to
>remove any possibility of feedline radiation ... there is no feedline
>). Modulation and control is via IR link. The bandwidth of the antenna
>is 3.5 Mhz at 29Mhz centre. ( SWR less than 1.3 : 1 across this range
>). I cannot believe that re-radiation can account for field strength

No, but in that case you would expect a poor Gain (-30 to -40 dB)
whereas the CFA was claimed to be as good, or better, than a tuned
dipole. If you would add "and may CFA still has a gain of +7 dB" to
your description, it would become interesting, since your experimental
techniques seem to be perfectly suited for a good test!

Greetings,
Jos

--
  Dr. Jozef R. Bergervoet                      Electromagnetism and EMC
  Philips Research Laboratories,             Eindhoven, The Netherlands