NEC-LIST: minimization routine

From: Naftali Herscovici <naftali.herscovici_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:40:19 -0400

Hi,

I'm looking for a minimization routine for constarined multi variable
(real numbers). I'm trying to do ray-tracing through n layers
(defined by analytical formulas, so I can calculate the derivatives).
One could do the trigonometry for a certain geometry, but I intend to
use different formulas for the layers, so this mean that the
"trigonometry job" would be necessary for each case. I was going to
use Fermat's principle to minimize the function for the ray-path
intersecting the n layers.

Thanks

Tuli

=====================================
NOTE. my new email is : tuli_at_ieee.org
=====================================
 Naftali (Tuli) Herscovici
 Chief Antenna Scientist
 Spike Technologies, Inc.